Multimedia WWW Kernel For Distance Learning
The multimedia WWW kernel for distance learning project is developing a comprehensive system for delivering training via the WWW.This project's goal is to, provide European training organisations with a user-friendly, comprehensive kernel for putting their new or existing courses on the Internet/Intranet.
This kernel is characterised as:
- an incrementally developed product
- a product suitable for further modification
- a comprehensive range of didactic strategies from which users will select according to their training policies
- carefully designed technical structures to exploit the riches of the net
- an in-depth analysis of the theory and practice of distance education as the basis for didactic strategies
The project was supported by the Leonardo Da Vinci programme of the European Union.
NKI Nettstudier (Norway)
Ericsson Systems Expertise Ltd (Ireland)
University of Rome III (Italy)