The specific aim of the MegaTrend project is to seek to identify the MegaTrends: what are the rules for achieving critical mass in e-learning; what are the rules for moving from a small scale fragile e-learning provider to a large scale permanent and successful e-learning institution.
The project's aims to enhance public knowledge on sustainable and cost-effective large-scale e-learning by analyzing the trends and contributions to large-scale success and to identify laws and recommendations for success and failure in e-learning.
The project has the following specific objectives:
- To identify the MegaTrends of e-learning provision and promulgate them widely.
- To survey the MegaProviders of e-learning in Europe and publish the listing of institutions that meet the criteria established in the project.
- To analyze the mega providers of e-learning to identify examples of cost-effective, large scale elearning.
- To evaluate the mega providers of e-learning to identify examples of sustainable online development
- To study cost-effectiveness in selected public and private institutions that provide large scale e-learning.
- To study e-learning initiatives, which did not, reached targeted goals.
- To identify trends and characteristics of e-learning initiatives which were closed and did not reach targeted goals.
- To identify and formulate laws and recommendations on e-learning success and failure
- To valorize and disseminate the results widely both nationally and internationally
Expected Outcomes / Results
Result 1. The identification of the Mega Trends in e-learning provision.
Result 2. Listing of Mega Providers in e-learning.
Result 3. Toolbox with models and templates for analysis of cost-effectiveness and sustainability
Result 4. Analyses of cases of excellence on cost-effectiveness and sustainability. Evaluations of Mega Providers in e-learning
Result 5. The identification and survey of e-learning initiatives, which did not reach targeted goals.
Result 6. Trends and characteristics of e-learning initiatives, which did not reach targeted goals.
Result 7. Recommendations on major e-learning provision.
Result 8. Valorisation results.
NKI Nettstudier (Norway)
Distance Education International (Ireland)
Eesti e-Ülikool Estonian e-University (Finland)