The multimedia WWW kernel for distance learning project is developing a comprehensive system for delivering training via the WWW.This project's goal is to, provide European training organisations with a user-friendly, comprehensive kernel for putting their new or existing courses on the Internet/Intranet.
This kernel is characterised as:
- an incrementally developed product
- a product suitable for further modification
- a comprehensive range of didactic strategies from which users will select according to their training policies
- carefully designed technical structures to exploit the riches of the net
- an in-depth analysis of the theory and practice of distance education as the basis for didactic strategies
The project was supported by the Leonardo Da Vinci programme of the European Union.